RESTEP summer retreat | Call for applications
The Transatlantic Network on the Politicization of Europe (RESTEP) is pleased to welcome applications from MA and PhD students for a 3-day summer retreat taking place at the Biology Station of Université de Montréal, located in the heart of the Laurentians natural park, one hour from the city.
The retreat will gather researchers and students from RESTEP as well as EU practitioners invited for the occasion. Several activities are planned:
- Plenary session on the state of EU politicization.
- Methodological workshop on conducting fieldwork research with EU institutions and European decision-makers.
- Intensive sessions on the four RESTEP work-packages :
- Attend on a regular basis RESTEP virtual classrooms, or commit to attend in 2019-2020.
- Submit a cover letter demonstrating the relevance of the methodological workshop for one’s research and/or indicating the work package in which your research inserts.
- Complete a MA or a PhD degree in one of the nine partner universities: Université de Montréal, McGill University, UCLouvain, Sciences Po Grenoble, Sciences Po Bordeaux, Universidade de Lisboa, University of Liverpool, University of Warwick and Central European University.
(1) Non-majoritarian institutions (Commission, Court of Justice, Central Bank)
(2) Representative institutions (EU Council, Parliaments, Parties)
(3) Voters and citizens
(4) EU public policies.
The summer retreat will take place from August 30th to September 3rd 2019 (see program below). The project will provide for transport to Montreal and to the Biology station, meals and accommodation to participants.
How to apply
The number of participants being limited, applicants are required to:
Applications must be sent before May 10th 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.